- Join or renew SfN membership before abstract submissions open on May 31.
- Join or Renew
- Learn about SfN Membership
The Society's official housing company is Convention Management Resources (CMR).
Beginning on August 20th – If you have not registered and would like to make a reservation, visit SfN Housing. If you have already registered and would like to make, change, or cancel your hotel reservation, visit the SfN Registration Resource Center. Rooms within the Student Category I and II Hotels can only be made through the Registration Resource Center.
- Assigned booth numbers are required before making a hotel reservation through SfN Housing. Exhibitors receive booth numbers after they are approved to exhibit. Note that exhibitor hotel registration does not require a six-character unique registration confirmation number; the confirmation number only applies to attendee housing.
- Exhibitors are allowed to reserve seven rooms per 10'x10' booth. As a courtesy to fellow exhibitors, only block rooms actually needed. A maximum of five rooms per exhibitor may be reserved at the co-headquarter hotels. To request additional rooms above the allotment, email SfN Housing.
- Exhibitors who cannot be assigned to their requested hotels are placed on a waiting list and contacted if rooms become available. Changes will not be made without exhibitor’s approval.
- Reservations must be guaranteed with a valid credit card in the amount of $350 per room or $700 per suite, regardless of hotel and room rate requested or assigned.
- SfN Housing will make reservations based on requests; however, special requests (such as two beds or a non-smoking room) cannot be guaranteed by SfN Housing. It is the exhibitor's responsibility to reconfirm requests directly with the assigned hotel prior to arrival.
- Exhibitors who require a room compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act should indicate this in the requirements in the comments section of the housing request form. An SfN Housing representative will respond to confirm these requirements within three business days.
- SfN will cancel exhibitor rooms proportional to the reduction of booth space and entire room blocks held by a company canceling the entire exhibit space.
- Exhibitors and agents may not negotiate blocks of hotel rooms directly with contracted SfN participating hotels. If a violation occurs, the company will lose 25 percent of accrued exhibitor priority points, in addition to not accruing points for the current year. It is also a violation to negotiate blocks of rooms with hotels for future meetings that impede SfN's ability to obtain rooms.
- To secure eight or more rooms, an online exhibitor block request form will be available on July 24.
- Exhibitors must use the online exhibitor hotel block request form for eight or more reservations.
- For any questions concerning managing room blocks online, contact SfN Housing at SfNSupport@cmrus.com, or (866) 999-3093 (US and Canada) or (415) 268-2091, Monday — Friday, 9 a.m. — 9 p.m. ET.
- Indicate on the online exhibitor block request form if the requested suite will be used for hospitality purposes by checking the appropriate box and indicating the anticipated attendance in the comments section.
- List the arrival and departure date, type of suite, and number of bedrooms required.
- Exhibitors requesting a suite for hospitality purposes must attest the hospitality suite will only be open during approved hours.
Confirmation, Changes, and Cancellations
- Exhibitors who submit a housing request by mail or fax and do not receive confirmation within five business days may contact SfN Housing at SfNSupport@cmrus.com or (866) 999-3093 to follow up and avoid no-show charges.
- Exhibitors who cancel plans to attend Neuroscience 2018 should cancel meeting registration and hotel reservations as quickly as possible through SfN Housing. If a reservation is properly canceled, another registrant may reserve the room.
- Make reservation changes at SfNSupport@cmrus.com. Beginning October 26, exhibitors must contact the hotel directly for all changes and cancellations. All changes must be made in writing for reservations that are part of a room block. Individual reservations can be changed online or by phone.
- Hotel reservations may be changed or cancelled online until October 5. Any changes made after October 5 are subject to availability. Beginning October 26, call the hotel directly for changes. After changing or canceling the reservation, you will receive an updated SfN hotel confirmation. Cancellations received after October 5 may be subject to a cancellation penalty.
- Confirmations issued by SfN Housing are honored by all hotels in the SfN block. Check that arrival and departure dates are accurate on the hotel confirmation. Note: Failure to arrive at the hotel on the confirmed date will result in the room being resold and charges in the amount of one night's room charge, plus sales and occupancy tax. Hotels may also charge an early departure fee, so reconfirm departure date upon check-in.
- Hotel cancellation policies can vary. Verify the cancellation policy, printed at the bottom on the SfN hotel confirmation.
Avoid Poachers and Scams
Be aware that you may receive improper solicitations from fraudulent agents posing as Neuroscience 2018 vendors, offering deals on hotels*, attendee lists, advertising, and other Neuroscience 2018-related goods and services.
All legitimate communications of this sort will come from SfN directly, or from one of SfN’s Official Vendors.
*Though housing poachers typically offer a lower rate than the official block rate, their cancellation policies are often harsh and unforgiving. These tactics make it difficult for SfN to negotiate the best possible rates for future meetings. We encourage booking housing accommodations using Convention Management Resources (CMR), the official housing company for Neuroscience 2018. Please note that exhibitor housing will open July 24 through CMR.