Brain Awareness Video Contest
The 2022 Brain Awareness Video Contest Winners:
• First Place: Neuroscience for Kids: How Does Our Brain Create Flavor? by Nikki Frazer.
• Second Place: The Science Behind the Cocktail Party Effect by Piper Rennerfeldt.
• Third Place: Circadian Rhythm: The Clock that Keeps on Ticking by Sean Gay.
• People's Choice: Lab Grown Mini Brain by Arpan Parichha.
1. First place: $4,000 and complimentary registration to Neuroscience 2022 in San Diego, CA.
2. Second place: $500
3. Third place: $250
4. People’s Choice: $500
Read the 2022 rules and regulations.
Five tips to creating a great video:
- Be professional.
- Pay attention to lighting and audio quality!
- Be concise.
- 50 percent of viewers tune out after 3 minutes.
- Know your audience.
- Drop the jargon and make it relevant and easy to understand.
- Be entertaining.
- Use humor, a quick pace, and creative production.
- Take advantage of what’s around you: white board drawings do well, so do videos shot in the lab or other interesting settings.
- Be unique.
- Videos about surprising and quirky facts are popular.
- Come up with a great title.
- Accurately convey the video’s content.
- Lists and questions tend to do well.
Follow BrainFacts.org on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram + use the hashtag #BAVC22 on social media.