IBRO World Congress Travel Awards
Applications for this award will open in early 2023.
The 11th IBRO World Congress will take place in Granada, Spain, September 9-13, 2023. SfN offers up to 15 travel awards in the amount of $2,000 each to support the participation of U.S., Canadian, and Mexican graduate students who have advanced to candidacy for a PhD or postdoctoral fellows at the IBRO World Congress, held every four years. Recipients are chosen by the SfN online application.
- Paragraph describing what the applicant hopes to achieve by attending the IBRO World Congress (see instructions on application form)
- Copy of the applicant's proposed abstract (proof of submission due after winners announced)
- One-page letter of recommendation from the applicant's adviser
- Applicant’s one-page CV (please indicate country of citizenship)
Submit all materials using SfN's award nomination site.
Applicant may not receive additional travel awards from IBRO, FENS, or JNS to attend this event.
Contact email@example.com with questions.
- Applicant must be living and working in the United States, Canada or Mexico at the time of travel to the conference.
- Applicant must be a graduate student who has advanced to candidacy for a PhD or a postdoctoral trainee
- Applicant must be the first author of an abstract to be presented at the Congress and must submit proof of abstract submission
- Applicant must be an SfN member in good standing
- Applicant may not be the recipient of another SfN travel award in the same year
2019 Award Winners
- Oded Bein, New York University
- Jose Cano, University of Texas at El Paso
- Bryce Grier, Johns Hopkins University
- Behnaz Jarrahi, Stanford University
- HyungGoo Kim, Harvard University
- Soojin Kim, Northwestern University
- Mee Jung Ko, Purdue University
- Songjun Li, Boston University School of Medicine/Massachusetts General Hospital
- Shen Ning, Boston University
- Christina Reppucci, Michigan State University
- Krishna Sharma, Arkansas State University
- Hyeyoung Shin, Brown University
- Razia Sultana, Louisiana State University
- Mikaeel Valli, University of Toronto