Resources to Stay Connected
Explore SfN news and resources to stay connected to the neuroscience community.
This page is a collection of news and resources about the challenges confronting the neuroscience community during this unprecedented time.
- An online group for SfN members looking to work collaboratively and support each other during lab closures
- On-demand virtual conferences and webinars
- Resources for collaboration
Use these member-exclusive resources to stay connected to the neuroscience community.
Share strategies in managing bench work while staying healthy.
Online Learning & Teaching Tools
Ask questions, share advice and tips about digital learning.
Blog Post: Virtual Meetings During Coronavirus
Learn about a graduate student's perspective on the switch to a virtual dissertation defense.
Scientific & Professional Resources
These resources are available to members and non-members (up to 5 per month) through Neuronline.
Annual Meeting Recordings
Explore the workshops, panels, forums, and more from 2014-2019.
Learn and connect with colleagues by attending live and on-demand online events.
Virtual Conference Lightning Talks
Neuroscientists present their models, methods and research in a collection of 5 minute videos.
Explore 100+ summaries of studies published in eNeuro and JNeurosci.
Training Series: Stem Cells & Reprogramming Methods for Neuroscience
Advance your understanding of how to generate neural subtypes using stem cells or other reprogramming tools.
Training Series: Optogenetics
Advance your understanding of how to optimize optogenetics techniques in your research.
Entrepreneurial Women Series
This series highlights the career paths and scientific accomplishments of women at the forefront of historically male-dominated fields.
Remote Grant-Funded Work
Explore resources to continue remote work on grant-funded projects.
Working on Data Analysis & Design of Experiments
- How to Combine Imaging Tools for Big Data Analysis - Short Course
- Neuroinformatics in the Age of Big Data: Working with the Right Tools - Short Course
- Promoting Awareness and Knowledge to Enhance Scientific Rigor in Neuroscience
- Improving Your Science: Sample-Size Planning, Pre-Registration, and Reproducible Data Analysis
- Optimizing Experimental Design for High-Quality Science - Short Course
Working on Manuscripts
Discover Scientific Research
Preparing Research Seminars & Posters for Meetings
Taking Online Courses
Career Development Resources
- Career Skills Toolkit: Transitioning Out of Your Postdoc
- Career Skills Toolkit: From PhD to Postdoc
- Best Practices for Mentoring Relationships - Collection
- Building Community Through Service: Bianca Jones Marlin on Volunteer Leadership - Podcast
- The Benefits of Outreach: Strengthen Your CV, Discover Your Interests, and Broaden Your Community
- The Neuroscientist’s Guide to Advocacy