- Neuroscience 2018
- Abstract Withdrawal or Unable to Attend
- Join or renew SfN membership before abstract submissions open on May 31.
- Join or Renew
- Learn about SfN Membership
Abstract Withdrawal or Unable to Attend
REQUEST ABSTRACT STATUS CHANGE
First authors are expected to register for Neuroscience 2018 and present their abstract in their assigned session. If the first author is unable to attend the meeting, any co-author listed on the abstract may present in their place.
If none of the authors on an abstract are able to present the poster, or if the authors wish to withdraw their abstract submission, the abstract's submitting author must complete the online Withdrawal and Unable to Attend Form to request an abstract status change. Requests to change the status of an abstract are only accepted from the submitting author (SfN member that completed abstract submission). Co-authors of an abstract must contact the submitting author to have them complete this request on their behalf.
Understanding Status Request Changes
- Withdrawal: The request to withdraw means that the abstract will be removed from the Neuroscience Meeting Planner, the meeting mobile app, and any publications that have not gone to print.
- Unable to Attend (UTA): The request to mark an abstract as Unable to Attend (UTA) allows the abstract to remain published both online and in print, but a note will be added to the Neuroscience Meeting Planner to notify attendees the presenter will not present their poster. If a co-author is presenting in place of the presenting author, completing this form is not necessary.
Those who submit requests prior to Friday, May 25 will have their request reflected in all annual meeting printed and electronic materials. Those who submit requests after this date will have their request reflected in all electronic materials. After May 25, we cannot guarantee that your abstract will be withdrawn or marked unable to attend in printed materials due to publication deadlines.
Requests for abstract status changes can be submitted up until the time of the meeting. All requests take 4-6 weeks to complete. You will receive an email once your request is completed.