Promoting Diversity, Fostering Excellence
Scientists from diverse backgrounds contribute important research to the field, but face unique challenges. We engage with the global community to empower these voices, strengthening the field.
Read the Twitter conversation @SfNTweets from June 10 for conversations around diversity, equity, and inclusion in neuroscience.
The Black Lives Matter Movement sparked a worldwide response indicating these issues have broad impact. Join our panel discussion on July 2 from noon – 1 p.m. EDT.
See how SfN's programs and awards advance female and underrepresented neuroscientists worldwide.
Diversity Events at Our Annual Meeting
International Fellows Poster Session
Meet the next generation of leading young investigators and network with peers from around the world. Trainees are sponsored by LATP, the International Brain Research Organization (IBRO), and others. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Connect to other organizations that foster diversity through unique opportunities.
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- Enhancing Neuroscience Diversity through Undergraduate Research Education Experiences (ENDURE)
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
- NINDS Diversity Policies & Resources
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- SPARK Society
- Summer Program in Neuroscience, Ethics & Survival (SPINES)