Urge Congress to Support Neuroscience Priorities in FY 2022
Join your fellow NeuroAdvocates and tell Congress to support neuroscience priorities and invest in advancements for the field in FY 2022. Send your Representative and Senators a message via SfN’s Advocacy Action Center.
Biden Administration Released FY2022 Budget Request
The Biden Administration released their full FY2022 budget request, launching the appropriations process that will last through the summer. SfN released a statement in support of non-human primate research infrastructure proposed by the budget.
Coalition for National Science Funding (CNSF) is Hosting Virtual Advocacy Days
CNSF is hosting virtual Advocacy Days on June 24 and 25. If your organization is interested in meeting with congressional offices to discuss NSF funding, please register here.
The European Animal Research Association is hosting “Be Open Animal Research Day”
TEARA is coordinating the first ever “Be Open Animal Research Day” to celebrate and communicate about animal research, starting July 1st. For more information click here.
SfN to Co-Sponsor a Virtual Briefing on the BRAIN Initiative
SfN, along with the American Brain Coalition and other partner organizations, is hosting a briefing with Drs. John Ngai, Diana Lipscombe, Nichole Rust, and Boaz Levi to discuss the BRAIN Initiative on June 21, 12:00 PM EDT. Register here.
7th Annual BRAIN Initiative Investigators Meeting
The 7th annual BRAIN Initiative Investigators Meeting will be held June 15-17. Register here.
SfN Advocacy Resources
- Introduce yourself to the new Congress via the Advocacy Action Center.
- Watch the Neuroscientist's Guide to Advocacy series to understand the tools you need to help advance the field.
- Learn how to engage your members of Congress and persuasively advocate for science with SfN's Advocacy Best Practices.
- Get involved in global advocacy.
- Talk to the public about the importance of animal research.
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in preparing for your next advocacy effort at home or on Capitol Hill.