Join or renew SfN membership before abstract submissions open on May 31. Join or Renew Learn about SfN Membership
The Executive Committee - which includes the President, Past President, and President-Elect as ex officio members - acts on behalf of the Council between meetings, making decisions and recommendations as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Make decisions regarding the use of SfN's name
- Report on routine actions to the Council
- Refer to the Council any actions related to major policy decisions, financial decisions, or disputes
- Act on behalf of Council between meetings, subject to applicable provisions of law, the Articles of Incorporation, and the Bylaws, as well as to the direction and continuing oversight of Council.
- Makes decisions as to the suitability of any use of the Society's name by committee chairs, officers, and councilors in any publication or public address.
- Report routine actions to Council either directly or via the executive director on a regular basis.
- Refer to Council for due consideration and action any issues relating to major policy changes, major financial changes, and major disputes.
The committee consists of the President, Past President, and President-Elect as ex officio members.
The committee meets via conference call or in person as needed throughout the year at the request of the president or executive director.